Beautiful Partridge House and its surrounding gardens can be booked for ceremonies, photographs and receptions.
The City of Holdfast Bay has many suitable settings for wedding ceremonies including beaches and various reserves, foreshore areas and historic grounds. However. they cannot be booked for exclusive use for private functions as they are public areas. You are entitled to hold your ceremony at any of these locations, but you must be aware that there is a possibility that other individuals or groups may also be using the space.
Guidelines For Use of Reserve or Foreshore
- The City of Holdfast Bay hosts many events across the Council area. Please check the latest Events Calendar and note that the Event Calendar can change on a daily basis;
- If you want to use any of the foreshore areas, it is recommended that you contact the relevant Surf Life Saving Clubs to check their schedule of activities and events;
- Most of Council's beach, reserves and foreshore areas are dry zones, therefore serving alcohol is prohibited. For dry zone information, please telephone the Liquor Licensing Officer on (08) 8229 9999;
- You are allowed to set up a small table and a few chairs for the bridal register. A shade tent may be erected and can be a maximum size of 3m x 3m and must be weighed down with sand bags or water containers. Please remove the tent shade as soon as the ceremony has concluded; and
- Fresh petals are able to be used, but confetti and rice are considered litter and are not permitted.
Wedding parties are able to use the reserves and foreshore for photographs; however as is the case with ceremonies, the area cannot be booked.
Unfortunately wedding vehicles are not able to drive onto beaches or reserves for photographs.
Other Wedding & Reception Venues
You can find details on other wedding and reception venues, on our venues page.